Saturday, December 6, 2008

Linsey's friend needs a birthday gift.

Linsey has a sweet little friend in second grade who has a birthday on the 12th and she came home asking me to make her something so I made her a cute 'lil personalized bag tonight.

I purchased the bag from Wal-Mart. I ripped the sides apart to make it easier for me to embroider on. I chose 2 ribbons and stitched the black polka-dot to the solid white. I made 2 of these so it looks like it wraps around the bag.I used some 505 spray adhesive on the back of the black ribbon to hold into place and I also used it to position the completed ribbon to the pink back on both front and back of the bag. Next, I stitched the ribbons down on the front then I aligned the ribbon to the back so that the edges matched then I sewed it onto the bag. I then embroidered Shelby's name onto the bag, and added a lil bow. Finally, I stitched the bag closed.

Now, I'll probably get her some goodies to go inside the bag and send it on it's merry way to school with Linsey.

3 comments:

Growth in God said...

I am a dingbat. I never thought to take the bag apart. I bought some sticky stabilizer to try and do some projects that I could not hoop, that would make it even easier. Thanks for the great idea!!! I would love to put my daughters name on a couple of things for Christmas. Your daughters friend will love that bag, nice inexpensive gift! How I wish you lived closer to teach me a few things.

3anklebiters said...

fantastic, quick, easy, inexpensive, personalized and cute as all-get-out!

Angela said...

Sweet idea. I love the font. Will be emailing you today.