Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Today... Gone Tomorrow




I've been a little busy getting the kiddos Christmas items together and working on new designs that I've forgotten to write you.

It so very hard to believe but we actually got SNOW the other night!!! I was about 7yrs old the last time it snowed enough throw snowballs at each other. What a special blessing this was. I woke Linsey up at 4:30 in the morning all excited to show her the flurries falling. She was so excited that she teared up. She's such a sentimental little girl. As soon as the sun came up I bundled her up and she and I went outside to have some fun. It was sooo beautiful, so pure, so COOOLD! Burrr. It's not that often we get cold weather like this in southeast Texas. Sweetpea made her first snowball and snowman. We only got 3" of snow so that's not much to make a larger Frosty. I remember that when it snowed when I was a kid of her age, we scraped the top off and ate it. I let Sweetpea taste it too.


We had a really good time together that morning then it was off to school. I let her be late to experience this once in a lifetime event here in Texas. The saddest part of it all is that it was all gone by the evening but the memories will last a lifetime. I hope Linsey gets to share a snow day with her children one day and tell them the time her mommy let her be late for school so she could spend time with her. I've been praying for a "sign" that I could see to make sure I'm doing things right and I'd have to say that this IS IT!



We love our Flaky Family!!

1 comments:

Growth in God said...

Wow you got lots of snow, we only got enough to coat the truck and make small snowball. How fun!