Saturday, December 6, 2008

Crafty Quick Sew Bibs

I was in a crafting mood tonight so I made a few bibs for Talon. I started out with a tea towel that I purchased in a discount bin at Micheal's a few years ago. Next I cut out a circle then I cut the opening apart.


Next, I cut an orange strip of fabric approximately 31" x 2". I folded the sides to the center, pressed then I folded in half and pressed to make some simple binding. You need to stitch a raw edge (see photo below), then pin the binding in place over the raw neck edge.Go to your sewing machine and slowly stitch the binding closed. The ends of the binding need to be finished so I just folded twice then zigzagged closed. Finally I embroidered Talon's name then I stitched on some rick rack for extra pizazz.
Below I made another bib but this time I stitched some octopus fabric to the bottom then embroidered his name. I'm going to make some out of large wash cloths next. You can never have enough bibs!!!

1 comments:

Growth in God said...

I love the octopus one! I bought some of those diapers a while back to do some burp cloths, I bet I can add the fabric and name just like you did the bibs onto them.
Thank you so much for posting this. I love it...
Jenn