Monday, November 17, 2008

Lone Star Block, Bread and Thread

Yes block and not Lone Star Beer and Bob Will music. LOL I'm showing my age by knowing that song huh? I love Texas Swing music but I actually like it quiet when I'm working.

I had a VERY productive weekend. I totally cleaned the house super good so that I could take this week to focus on things that need to be stitched out. I tested my sample Lone Star quilt block that I pieced with my embroidery machine. I developed a NEW PITH technique that I'm currently working on getting patented. Yep.. I love this new invention I came up with in the hoop. Here's a lookie-lou at the unfinished top. Currently it measures about 20". I'm going to add some kind of border and I'm leaning towards piano keys. I'm stopping for the night and will take a fresh look tomorrow.


I used Thimbleberries Subtle Solids by RJR

I also made some homemade white bread today. This was my first loaf of the year and definitely not the last. I slathered mine with real whipped butter while everyone else smeared red plum and strawberry jam on theirs.




Oh.... this past Friday was like Christmas for me. I received 24 spools of embroidery thread and stabilizer from Floriani. I really like their stabilizers for the PITH method. I'm testing a new product that the have released. It's a fusible wash-away. So far I like it. I will let you know how easy it is to wash out when I get to that step.



I'm finding that writing a book can get you lots of goodies. Olfa and June Tailor are sending samples to try out. I received my fabrics from Moda and RJR and cotton thread from Superior Threads. I'm working now on getting a loaner machine from either Bernina or Brother/Baby Lock but perhaps from both so that I can test in different formats. This is all still so surreal for me. Well it's morning time here in Texas and I'm signing off and "two stepping" outta here.

1 comments:

Growth in God said...

So nice to get goodies. I love getting thread! I just purchased some varigated ones by Madiera to do some free standing lace, of course I need to find some good stitch out angels first, so far the designs rip through. Anyway good news on your patent. I will keep it in prayer for you! I love your blog, and wow yummy bread. I am making some homeade chicken noodle soup tonight. Can't wait.