Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I feel like baking....

I just got home from teaching at The Fabric Store and decided I was gonna bake a cake for Linsey before she got home from school. I'm making a "Velvet Cake". Yes, that's minus the red food coloring LOL.


As you can see, I use clothes pins for lots of things. Talon helped me by pulling all of my pots and lids from my lower cabinet to the middle of the floor. He made some beautiful, LOUD music for me too by clanging the lids on the floor then to each other. As I got out the spatula from the drawer I remembered when my mom would bake. We called this utensil the "child cheater" because it scraped the bowl just a little too good. I made sure I saved me and T some to lick. From the look of this pic it seems he loved it!



We then waited on the cakes to cool so we could ice it. I got Talon all cleaned up then I went and precut some fabrics that I plan on using for another Lone Star. He tagged along and helped me there too.
ZZ just got home and loved her surprise. Well I'd better get ready for tonight's class back at The Fabric Store.


1 comments:

Splinters and Threads said...

oh my gosh, I can't believe Linsey is SO big. these little cutie patooties aren't supposed to grow up!