Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Long Time No Typey!

Oh Wow!!  It's hard to believe that I haven't written here in over 8 months.  Please forgive me, but man let me tell you what all has been going on...
I've been doing lots of traveling since my book came out.  I've had a ball lecturing at trunk shows, giving classes, going to book signings.  I've traveled to Quilt Market in Minneapolis, MN, then to Madison WI for Quilt Expo.  I just got home from Evansville, Indiana where I was asked to teach at IEC (International Embroidery Convention).  I've met folks from all over the world and to me, that's the hi-light of my "job"! 

I'm happy to report that over 10,000 copies of the book has been sold and I've been asked to write another so look out.... #2 will be in the works next year with hopefully a 2012 release date.  I'll keep you posted on that.

Now to top off all the travels, I recently moved back to my hometown of Woodville, Texas.  I didn't realize how much I missed it and all its beauty until returning.  The kids love it and have taken to it like a duck to water. 

Right now, I'm gearing down to getting things lined out for Quilt Market & Festival in Houston.  My booth numbers are #2019 Market & #859 Festival.  I hope you stop by for a chat.

To see all the places I'm going be sure to save MY CALENDAR for your records.

I have a new set of designs coming soon called ROWS OF COUNTRY.... yes it's a row by row quilt with lots of western designs.  I'll be posting pics as soon as the top is complete.  It's full of applique and Piecing in the Hoop. 

Well enough pulling on your ear, I've gotta get back to work.  I do my best to stay in touch cyber neighbor :)

4 comments:

3anklebiters said...

congratulations on your success as an author/designer and on moving home. sometimes home makes all the difference.

Larisa Porter said...

Thanks sweetie! It really feels good to be back here. I can't wait for the dogwoods to bloom in the spring!

quilterinthewoods said...

Miss you larisa! Did you make it to Des Moines for AQS? I was not able to go as Bill has been ill. Hope to meet up with you someday soon. Miss "talking" to you.
Hugs,
debbers

Angi Baker said...

OOOOOO Can I do some work for ya on this one too?