Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quilt Market was a SUCCESS!!

With over 2000 booths setup, it took me 2 days to go through them all. I wished I had time to visit more but man... what a spread!

Driving into Houston was a little dreary but after entering the George R. Brown Convention Center all the gloom disappeared.



I had a fun time in the Krause Publications booth with my fellow authors and F+W Staff. Getting to see Nancy Zieman again was quite the treat too. I wore my sporty lil apron all over an folks stopped to ask me what it was about and I was happy to explain.

I was excited to meet so many interesting people. I met Hoodie, the designer of the chicken fabric used on the cover of my book and my PITH handbag. I finally got to put faces with names too. I went to all the booths, shook hands with my suppliers, and thanked everyone who helped me with my book. I'm so humbled to have so much support from a community that doesn't accept strangers. I met with Electric Quilt and we will have a CD out sometime next year with them so that's a HUGE announcement. I will be doing exclusive digitizing for Tricia Cribbs, author of Turning 20. What a dear, sweet woman she is! I picked up more sponsors too, one of the perks for writing a book. I'm so blessed and thankful.

Jamie Gehring & Myself in the Krause Booth

Jamie also wore the apron I stitched for her too. I really hope my book does good! It's set to be shipped out 12-31-09. I'm taking pre-orders on my website and I'll ship to you ASAP!

Here's to making more great memories and to a successful journey!

0 comments: