Sunday, November 9, 2008

Is the weekend reallly over?

Man, I was one busy momma this weekend. I'm actually glad it's over because I pooped form getting so much done. My car is at the doctor. It seems my distributor is out so ugggggg. I'm not sure when I'll get it back but it should be sometime this week. Thank goodness my family lives near me so they can shuttle me around. I spent most of my Saturday over at my baby sisters house. My older sister drove up and momma was there too so it was like a mini family get-together. It's nice to have everyone together other than for a holiday or a funeral.

Well Sunday rolled along and I was up at 5:00am courtesy of lil Talon. After we did our morning routine I commenced to tackling more cleanup. The only sign that Ike was here is the "shoddy" porch my landlord re-installed. My house is all cleaned up from the water that got under the front door. I have 90% of my sewing area back in order and that's a HUGE sigh of relief. Now, I can get back to working in a nice, organized area rather than a make-shift office. I even cleaned out the utility/storage area. I went through every box and if I haven't used it in 6mos, it was tossed in boxes to give away. I knew it wouldn't be long before I had to get out the Christmas boxes, so I reorganized that area as well making them easier to get too.

Linsey is pestering me to go ahead and put a tree up and even though I generally wait until the day after Thanksgiving, we just might do it early. I joke about my Charlie Brown artificial Christmas tree to my family. It's limbs are spread out and you can see the trunk through-out. Linsey picked it out last year on a trip to Hobby Lobby and later I fell in love with it. I like the fact that the lights are built-in so lets just hope that it cuts on cause I hate stringing lights.

Speaking of Christmas, it's hard to believe that before we know it it will be here. It's gonna be a little different being just us three, but I will make the best of it! I'm even gonna plan a small meal and get Linsey to help me cook. I think all Talon will be interested in is pulling bows off presents and learning "no-no" as he approaches the tree. He will be one year old on the 29th of this month and who knows if he'll be walking by then. He's getting close.

Well, I'm am slap wore out from all the work and organization I accomplished today so I'm gonna go soak in some bubbles now that the kiddos are in la-la land.

2 comments:

Growth in God said...

We have one of those trees also, got ours at Walmart. They do make it nice with the kids, and then I dont have to worry about watering it, they like to do it Thanksgiving morning while I cook. Your life sounds like ours, busy busy.. I still need to find time to make some ornaments. I wanted to do some free standing lace Angels and snowflakes. I have attempted twice at no luck. The stablizer does not hold. Anyway a tree before thanksgiving that is funny, but excitement is nice!

Larisa Porter said...

What stabilizer are you using? You can use two layers of water soluble. I've seen folks use tulle and then use the tool that burns off the edges.